Presenting…The American Girls Collection! Featuring all seven of the “historical” dolls whose series follow the traditional six book format.
In chronological order, from left to right:
1) Felicity Merriman, 1774, wearing her blue party dress from “Felicity’s Surprise”.
2) Josefina Montoya, 1824, wearing her outfit from “Meet Josefina”.
3) Kirsten Larsen, 1834, in her blue prairie dress from “Meet Kirsten”.
4) Addy Walker, 1864, sporting her yellow strawberry dress from “Addy Saves the Day”.
5) Samantha Parkington, 1904, in her sailor outfit from “Samantha Saves the Day”.
6) Kit Kittredge, 1934, in her clothes from “Meet Kit”.
7) Molly McIntyre, 1944, wearing her school uniform from “Molly Learns a Lesson”.
These books instilled in me a love of history that has stayed with me all my life. The first story I ever wrote on paper was my own “American Girl” book, and I’ll always be grateful to the series for encouraging girls everywhere to think about their heritage and expand their creativity. Thanks for looking! <3